Summer is here and it’s a crazy, busy time of year. The kids are out of school, summer vacations are in full swing and everyone has ball games, golf outings, beach days, family reunions and more! It’s a time to enjoy the beautiful weather, take that vacation so you can come back to the office renewed and ready to move mountains and it’s a great time of year to grow your business!
With everything else going on don’t just put your business on auto-pilot to get through the summer. Take advantage of the tips and tricks below to make the summer of 2016 your best summer yet!
- Get organized! Take a few hours and get organized for the entire summer, yes it’s possible! Get your schedule on your calendar for the next three months! Carve out some time in your schedule and get it done.
- Prioritize! Now that your calendar is booked solid with everything BUT work, prioritize. Do you really need to do EVERYTHING you have on your calendar? What are the most important things? Leave those and either put the rest as optional or better yet, forget the rest.
- Outsource! Summer is a great time to start outsourcing some of your time consuming tasks. Most people don’t realize that there are several things they do that can be outsourced. The beauty of working with a highly skilled virtual assistant is they will help you manage your days and weeks. They will help take a lot off your plate. They are NOT another thing to manage, they will tell you what they need to be successful and they will keep you on task. Get more done this summer by hiring a virtual assistant that can do the dirty work while you take more time for yourself doing what you love whether that’s growing your business or a day at the beach or on the golf course!
- Take a day off! I recently read in Inc. magazine that 42% of American workers do NOT take their vacation days! Everyone needs to take days off to relax the mind, body and soul, these days are extremely important if you want to continue to succeed. Your mind and body need rest. I am so relaxed when I go on vacation that it is typically when I come up with some of my best ideas. Take a journal with you on your vaca days and write what comes to mind, then continue relaxing. You won’t stress about forgetting your great ideas and you can truly relax. You don’t have to take a week-long trip somewhere, you just need to get away from work for a few days. Working vacations don’t count – many employers are starting to frown upon those anymore. J
- Just do it! You know that thing you’ve been planning and researching and finding every reason in the book why not to pull the trigger? Just do it! Many people waste time just hem-hawing around and never really do anything about it. There comes a time when you just need to pull the trigger. Why not now?
- Have fun with marketing. People are in better moods in the summer – they might get your humor so try that fun marketing campaign you’ve been wanting to try. Summer opens people up to wanting to try new things so why not your product or service, get out there and make it happen!
- Throw an event! If you need something fun for a client appreciation event and a way to advertise your business, have a fun open house, beach day, golf outing, clam bake or outdoor BBQ. You can always have live music, family games and drawings for cool stuff. Everyone loves free entertainment in the summer!
Enjoy your summer this year and grow your business! You can do both!