Here are the Top 10 Habits of Successful People you can mimic to become successful yourself!
• READ! Successful people have a thirst for knowledge and that thirst never stops. They are always reading books, magazines and websites to gain more knowledge that will help them become even more successful.
• Keep a file of ideas to implement and lessons learned. Often times we learn great ideas and then forget about them. Keep a running list of all the great things you want to try. Hold yourself accountable by adding these ideas to your calendar for implementation in the near future.
• Be an early riser. You can accomplish so much in the wee hours of the morning. Use a reliable alarm clock and place it far enough from your bed so that you can’t hit the snooze button!
• Exercise. Exercise makes you feel better, makes you healthier (i.e. less downtime due to sickness and fatigue) and it makes you happier. Happier, healthier people have the stamina it takes to keep on going.
• Always be moving forward. Successful people work even when they don’t feel like it. There is always something they can be doing, learning and reaching towards. Of course scheduled downtime is a must but if you find yourself not working on a regular basis throughout the week because you just don’t feel like – start feeling like it! Make yourself work even for just 15-30 minutes and then see how you feel. You might just gain the momentum you need to keep going.
• Meditate. Meditation helps quiet the brain and relieves tension, anxiety and even pain. If it’s hard to quiet your brain try to just concentrate on your breathing for 1 – 2 minutes. Once you’ve relaxed then you can work on extending that time each day to the recommended 5-10 minutes.
• Minimize distractions. Check emails and social media in batches twice per day. That way, you are not constantly distracted by a new email and checking to see what’s going on with your social media.
• Donate. A high percentage of highly successful people volunteer roughly 5 hours or more per month. Volunteer at your local Habitat For Humanity, food pantry, school, nursing home or soup kitchen.
• Work hard. Be dedicated to your purpose and continue that dedication daily. With hard work, you can move mountains!
• Go for the goal! Input times to work towards your goals into your calendar to keep them top of mind. Work for them daily and it will give you the motivation you need to keep going.
There are a lot of habits here and in an effort not to become overwhelmed pick one habit and practice it daily for a week. Once you’ve got that down add another habit. For instance decide to meditate daily. After a week, add minimize distractions and build from there! You’ll be amazed at after you’ve mastered these habits how much better and motivated you’ll feel!