Video marketing has become increasingly popular and so I decided to give it a try. I made a video and posted it to my website. You can also view it here. Now this is my first attempt and although it’s not perfect I’m sure it will drive some business to my company. Below are some tips and tricks for video marketing. I’ll be honest my video would’ve turned out better had I followed some of my own advice but I can always make a new video right? Besides the imperfect ones are more fun! Now if I can just figure out a way to add a bloopers reel to the end because the bloopers are the things I really want to watch! Maybe that will be a future blog post.
Make Your Video
1. No need for fancy equipment. The informal videos are the best. Use your laptop webcam or have your kid tape you with his/her phone.
2. You will need a quiet space void of all background noise so only your voice picks up in the recording.
3. For your best results face a window. If the light is behind you it will wash you out. You may notice that I had light coming in behind me on the right side. My face is a bit washed out so maybe I should’ve worn theater make-up or just try to make a new video in better lighting.
4. If you’re going to make a lot of videos don’t fuss over the edits. You will notice my video isn’t perfect. I could’ve done another take or two or one hundred but I was ready to get it out there. I can always make a new video later.
5. Once you’ve taped your video upload it to YouTube and from there you will be able to embed it into your website, blog or create your own YouTube channel.
6. Share, post, tweet and announce your video! People like to watch stuff.
Have a fun!